the first week hath passed! and we survived. we flourished, really. i didn't think we'd be sleeping as much as we are, didn't know we'd have a lot of downtime throughout the day to relax and/or clean. and while yes, it's the adjustment of the century, it's so incredible how each day gets easier and each day you fall deeper in love with this tiny human being, this little person that we made. like, we made him. are you wrapping your head around this? because i'm still working on it.
i fully believe that all you need is love. and la la la, etc. but there is no harm in having some fabulous helpers along the way.
here are mine for surviving week one with a new baby at home.
1. wubbanub - we don't want to rely on the pacifier...or as we call it, the chupie...but dang there are some special moments when it really comes in handy. say, for instance, when you really have to poop and screaming just doesn't jive with your need to concentrate because uh, having a baby really stops that train. know this.
2. aden+anais muslin wraps - i know you've seen these everywhere but just know that everyone speaks the truth. they're amazing and light and lovely and super awesome. they work for swaddling, cuddling, burping, blanketing, etc. just get them.
3. cloud b sound machine - holy heckness, does this work. river was taking a nap on wednesday while we organized his room and just when he started his squirmy dance, we tried it out. i'm not lying when i say he continued to sleep for another hour. we also use this during the night after his feeding - magic.
4. swaddleme by summer infant - not the best swaddler in the world? hands flying out everywhere? the swaddleme is easy, fast and secure. baby is staying put in this baby and it only takes this swaddle challenged momma a minute to wrap things up. holler.
5. medela ultra-stretch nursing bra - love it, love it, love it. so comfortable and comfortable and did i mention it's comfortable. comfort is key when your boob is a milk factory open for business 24 hours a day. milk party holder. get it.
6. gerber cloth diapers - burp your baby with these. wipe up anything with these. lay them down and change a poopie diaper with these. money.
7. fisher price newborn sleeper - love the incline, the portability, the design, all of it. just love it. and so does our little river man. turns out you don't need a bassinet. you just need this. bam.
yay for 7 day accomplishments!
hope this list serves you and your precious little baby booties well.