So yesterday was the day.
I got an email from my trusty DNA tester person who gave me $250 for 4 small vials of blood.
She first sends this:
May I just email it to you now? :)
Yes, you may. EEEEeeeeek!
And then back this came:
We think you're having a ____!! :) Congrats and please let me know when it's been confirmed with an ultrasound!
You didn't think I'd give up that info that easily, did you?? ;)
I have a few preparations to make before I reveal bunny's gender. They include, going to an ultrasound appointment I just made for myself on Monday!!, going to see my Henry family in CT and surprising them with the news AND then going to Italy and purchasing gender specific Italian gear to surprise YOU with the news.
Yes, yes, life is unfair.
But hey, I'll be in Italy in 2 weeks, it's totally cool.
To send you off with happiness, here's a little set of goodies I found yesterday. I wholeheartedly agree with all of this and it's pretty much how I try to live my life. #3 is definitely the hardest one for me. Well, they're all hard, who am I kidding?
Oh! and on this note, have you read The Four Agreements and Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz? If not, that should happen soon. They're the most honest and true books I've ever read. Life changing kind of shizz.
Ok, love, love. Goodies for you...
1. Let go of everyone’s opinion of you. ‘What others think of you is none of your business”. None of us like to be criticized, particularly when it comes from those close to us, however constantly trying to please others is not only exhausting but moves us further away from who we truly are. Be your authentic self, and you will be far happier and attract the people who will love you for who you are.
2. Let go of what everyone else wants for you. Do the things you want to do in life, not what your friends and family tell you you should be doing. As Steve Jobs said, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
3. Let go of boundaries and instead dream big. When you start something new or take something in a new direction, there will always be others who will tell you not to do it, that it will never work and that you are crazy for even trying. Ignore them all, block out the negative noise, do your planning and then just do it!
4. Let go of jealous feelings and concerns about what everyone else has. Life is not always fair and there will always be someone with more money, a more successful career, a bigger house, a more expensive car, a better relationship… and the list goes on. Instead, focus on the great things in your life and be grateful for what you have.
5. Let go of the things you can’t control. There are some things in life that are beyond our control, so instead of draining your energy trying to control these factors, instead focus on how to deal with them as best you can. Sometimes we don’t have a choice in the outcome, but we always have a choice in how we deal with it.
p.s. in somewhat related news, i'm wearing a DD bra today for the first time in my life. if i topple over, just leave me be.